Weekend Recap

I basically spent my weekend at the beach! On Saturday I went to a relatively secluded beach about 45 mins away called Sitges (although it took me 2 hours to get there because I got lost). I tried fideua for the first time which is essentially paella made with noodles instead of rice. On my walk back to the train station I stumbled upon the castellers you see above. I’d never seen anything like it before but apparently they’re quite common in Spain and every city has a casteller team. On Sunday I went to the local beach in Barcelona, cleverly named Barceloneta. The great thing about Barceloneta is that you can walk there completely naked (as demonstrated by the old man a few posts ago) with only 20 euros in your theoretical pocket and get everything you need at the beach. As you lay your naked body by the waterfront, you will undoubtedly be approached by someone trying to sell you any and everything under the sun. Let’s break it down:

Sarong: 2 €

Towel: 2 €

Sunglasses: 3 €

Cervesa: 2 for 1 €

Mojito: 4 €

Coconut: 1 €

Massage: back 5€, full body 10€

The annoying part is that once you’ve got everything you need and your 20€ is gone, these “sales people” continue to harass you & it kind of ruins the whole beach experience.

Other than that, I hung out at the house with the kids the rest of the weekend. And of course the highlight of my weekend: I discovered that they show old school Beverly Hills 90210 episodes every Sat & Sun morning! They call it Sensacion de Vivir. Dylan’s even hotter with his voice dubbed in Spanish!

6 Comments
  1. Author
    Anonymous 11 years ago

Whoa, that video footage of the human tower was amazing!! Max and Leo are adorable. I look forward to seeing more footage of them. You definitely have your hands full, but I know you can handle them!

2. Author
    Dena B 11 years ago

I agree anonymous! The human tower is incredible. The crazy part is that the person at the very top is ALWAYS a kid (I can't believe they're not afraid)..The boys are absolutely adorable. They def have ALOT of energy!!

3. Author
    Anonymous 11 years ago

Amazing Yinkus. I forgot to tell you that I enjoyed the pictures of Paris w/ you in them. I know you love the beach, and you find one where ever you go. I love the video clip of the boys dancing. We miss you much! Love Auntie Roz
    (90210!!!)

4. Author
    Alwaysthis 11 years ago

Those dance moves are almost as fly as mine. However, it doesn't look like you've taught them any Jimmy dips. I'm picturing a Dyllan JT in spanish. "Ay, Vaminos Brend!!!" "Bueno, entonces, ir!!!" However you would say it. Followed by a bottle throw of course. Happy Halloween if I don't talk to ya before then.

5. Author
    Cool Breeze 11 years ago

Hey Dena.

Nice Blog

From Cool Breeze

6. Author
    Dena B 11 years ago

Auntie Roz: I figured you´d like the pix with me in them! I adore the beach, I´m actually really excited because I´m taking a 4 day trip to Seville in a couple of weeks & I think that I will take a 1 day7night trip to Cadiz while I´m there. I found a really nice hostel on the beach!

Kevin: I´m so stoked, I just dicovered that not only does 9-0 come on every wkend, It comes on every morning!!! I can´t wait to hear Mel say ¨soy un tigre¨

Cool Breeze! I´m excited to see you on the blog! I´m glad you like it. Thanks for checking it out!